In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will......
Ephesians 1:5

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our adoption journey began....years ago!!!!

This is the very first time I have written a blog post of any kind!  I decided I wanted to start one when I began reading sooo many other people's blogs about their adoption journeys.  They have been such an encouragement to me and such a source of comfort.  Loaded with information, I decided that maybe I could do that for others, or at least join with others in sharing our story to inspire others to adopt too!  That said....here is the beginning of our adoption journey!
   I have always had a place in my heart for children without parents!  I have always wanted to go get them all and bring them here and take care of them!  But that wasn't really in the workings of my family until after my second child, Noah, was born! Several factors were involved in us looking into adoption for our next child.  And I will have to say that once you begin to research it and look at all those babies without families, it can become overwhelming and also obsessive!!!  I became somewhat crazy over looking at those babies and feeling for them spending their little lives looking out through the bars of a crib not being loved at all and rarely feeling another human's touch, while MY children were being spoiled and nurtured and loved beyond measure!!!  That wasn't right to me and I spent, and continue to have sleepless nights wondering how I could live with myself if I didn't at least bring one of them into our family.  But that's not to say I am not doing it for the selfish reasons of wanting more children to love and raise also!!!   And so, God began working on my heart!  And working on my life and Matthew's life, and even the lives of our children to prepare us to be ready to take a leap of faith and go get a baby!!!!  That's all for tonight!  I'll post more later...if I can remember how to get on here!!!  But one thought I have to leave you with is one I heard several years ago...If every Christian family adopted one baby, there would be NO more orphans!!!  Not less, NONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment