In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will......
Ephesians 1:5

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deciding on China...

Once we made the decision to adopt, we then had to decide where we wanted to adopt from!  After lots of discussing and prayer, we felt like God led us to China!  It all seemed to fall perfectly into place with the agency and we have actually met TONS of people who also adopted using the agency we chose!  NOT A COINCIDENCE!  Then we began!!!   The mounds of paperwork people told us about was oh so true!!  We were constantly working on documents and this was when I realized that adoption is NOT the easy road to a child!  It is the road less taken, but a road that leads to a MUCH deeper faith in God and reliance on Him to guide me, regardless of what I want!  But we did the paperwork and finally finished our dossier and it was sent to China!  For those who don't know, that means that all our paperwork went to the Chinese government and they actually received it and we got a date that was logged in as the day they got it.  Then we began talking about the four year wait!!!!!!  It never occurred to me that it would be a maddening wait that I couldn't stand!!!  We discussed how the wait would be good because we could enjoy the children God has already blessed us with and would then have more time to devote to the baby when it comes because our children would be older.  We also talked about how financially we could save for the adoption and not have to come up with TONS of money within the year...which is another issue with adoption that people don't realize until they begin!!!  But all the reasoning did not prepare me for how I would feel once my paperwork was done and we were waiting...it is miserable!!!  I want to know RIGHT NOW who my baby will be, where he or she will come from, and what he or she is doing RIGHT this very minute!!!  The unknown is so hard for me!  It is completely out of my control and I know God is leading our minds through this whole process, but it is hard just the same. But for now we are praying....and thanking.
     I will write more later to catch everyone up on where we are now, and what led us to look at children with special needs!  Thanks to my 2 followers!!!  That was kind of shocking to me!!!  Didn't think I'd have any...
"I have prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."
I Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment