In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will......
Ephesians 1:5

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Petty stuff...

I am a terrible writer.  I always have been.  But I hope that doesn't keep people from seeing my heart through this blog.  I write this because I have become completely convinced that God LOVES adoption!!  He has been in this process every step of the way, and has provided us with EVERYTHING we need to bring our baby home.  Love, support, information, finances, faith, courage...you name it, He has graciously provided it for us!!!  I have to admit that I sometimes feel my faith wavering, but that is just when He provides exactly what I need to bring me back to my senses and trust Him!!!  I have been hesitant in the past to promote adoption on this blog mainly because I don't want people to feel that I am preaching at them.  I'm not!!  But I DO want to be a voice for those children in this world that don't have one!!!  Right now there are roughly 147 MILLION orphans worldwide, and they have no one to call momma or daddy, no one to tuck them in at night, read them stories, play hide and seek, make s'mores, take them to the pool, take them to the park, brush their hair and teeth, bathe them, feed them, hug them, tell them they are loved and tell them about the love of Jesus Christ and what He has done for them and the plan HE has for their lives...I think you get the point.  Yes there will be struggles that comes with adopting, but I pray that EVERYONE will consider the JOY that could come to your family because of it too!! :)  I can't go on in my life without advocating for these precious SOULS that God has placed on this earth who need us.   I'm not trying to make people feel bad for not adopting.  It's definitely NOT for everyone.  But I'm sure there are people who have it on their hearts right now and are ignoring it...because that's what I did for a while!  If you have ever thought about adopting and are one of those people who think a lot about orphan children in the world, I'm just asking you to pray about it and ask God why he has placed that on your heart.  It may be that He is could use you to financially sponsor children, or become a foster parent or who knows what.  Maybe He just wants you to pray for people like me who need all the prayers I can get!! :)  Anyway....

So instead of my focus being on advocating for orphans, it has been on petty stuff like who doesn't like me, what I "have" to do at church, complaining about all the little issues going on in my life, the cold weather, etc, etc, and blah blah blah......so really, I'm sorry if you feel I am preaching at you.  I'm not.  I'm just asking you to pray about if it "could" be something your family might be open to doing.  And please, please, please check out this blog of a woman I admire greatly who has giving me the courage to trust in God through this process www.k6comehome.blogspot.com.  She and her family are amazing and I am so glad there are 7 less orphans in the world because of them!!! 
"He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will"  Ephesians 1:5.....SOOOOO thankful God adopted me and I am now HIS own child!!!!  :)   I can't imagine God smiling more than if all his children had a loving family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment